Friday, August 15, 2008

Say hi to Herman while you’re there

So, one player not featuring against Watford tomorrow will be Jerome Thomas and, whilst I’m sure there’s some logic behind it I feel it’s a shame really. I’ve always liked ‘JT’ as a player – even when being too flash / lazy you knew he could change a game – if only he wanted to, so perhaps div 1 is the place for him. With Bouazza coming in all starts to make sense although I doubt he’s on less than Thomas the prospect of cash from Pompey (who became the first team to win the FA Cup with a walkover in the final last year ;-) would be hard to resist. I actually though Thomas had started to show some good form pre / early season so I’ll miss him, even if not all Addicks will. Well I say good luck Jerome – show them what you can do ... and say hi to the Hermanator.

And of down the yellow brick road to Watford the team wander tomorrow. Sorry to be a pessimist but I’m predicting a 2-1 defeat with Varney grabbing our goal. Hopefully I’ll carry on my 0/1 result predictions so far for the season and the lads can prove me wrong ... come on u reds!!!

Elsewhere in Div 2 Bristol City take on Derby in the televised clash and I’ll predict a bore draw there. I’m also going for home wins for Norwich, Preston, Reading and Wolves, aways for Coventry, Ipswich and Brum and a draw at Sheff U v QPR. Elsewhere Doncaster and Forest have a free weekend but I here rumours they’re both planning exhibition matches ... don’t do it guys, take advantage of the rest. With 71% of results correctly predicted in the week I’m confident I can continue the run ... maybe?

PS – don’t forget the championship programme on Sunday shows bits of the second division :-)

No comments: