Tuesday, October 21, 2008

GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS?

Well, well, well ... just over a week ago there was excitement aplenty as we considered whether we would play Ronaldo behind Drogba or out wide in a 4-3-3 when our new team took shape under the influence (or is that just me under the influence?) of Chief Paulo (just me again?). Now w're back to our usual doom and gloom ... ah that's life as an Addict / Addick. All went quiet on the blogs and news regarding our (indicative) friends from the Midle East and now we're back to the beans after the weekends friendly match. But, reading around, nobody seems particularly excited, optomistic, bothered, whatever! Come on lads (and lasses), this is supposed to be the highlight of our week isn't it? (which is probably a sad indicement for some of us) Back to the Valley for a home match under the floodlights after acouple of weeks off. No - I must admit I can't get too built up either - I'll be there though - expecting the guys behind to provide as much entertainment as on the pitch (and as dissapointing). I'm plumbing for a 0-2 defeat at the hands of the team that beat surrey's worst in last season's play offs ... see, at least that thought made you smile didn't it? No - you miserable sod ... a true Addick I salute you ;-)

JOIN THE REDVOLUTION !!!

2 comments:

charlton north-downs said...

Its looking bleak SDAP and going down to the third division really will be like Life on Mars.

Second Division And Proud said...

Yes ... think I'll consider 'Life On Mars' rther than 'third division and not quite so proud' when I have to change the blog name in May (maybe earlier) :-(