Friday, November 28, 2008

WE ALL STAND TOGETHER


Whether you are a fully paid up card carrying member of the REDVOLUTION, whether you wanted pardew gone but were not up for the beard and beret, whether you thought he seemed like a nice man who needed some more time, whether you were his illegitimate love child – it doesn’t matter now - he’s gone. It doesn’t even matter who you want as the next manager (and I’ve left nobody guessing as to my preference – and added another couple of random comments below). We are all Charlton and for the tomorrows match at least Mr Branning is in charge* so there is no point at this point in debating previous managers’ merits or otherwise. I’m sure there will be a few curious walk-ups wanting to see the caretaker’s first (and maybe only) home game, and maybe even some of the errant season ticket holders returning. I’m even sure that the crowd will get together and behind the temp and his temps – won’t they? I hope so – COME ON YOU REDS!!!

(* Mr Brannings temporary team leadership at Charlton Athletic Football Club is subject to all usual terms and conditions plus the assumptions that Walford police will not need his presence for assistance in ongoing investigations or Mr Curbishley does not arrive on a white stallion before tomorrow’s kick off)

I’m hopeful that the central midfield partnership used on Tuesday will continue and that Racon and Semedo will prove to be the engine room pushing us forward to our first win in what seems like an eternity. I’m predicting a 2-0 home win for the reds.

Interesting to see yesterday that the caretakers odds had shortened considerably whilst Curbishley was drifting further out ?!? ;-)

FULLY ENDORSED BY 2DAP
Paulo DiCanio - What can I say? Class, enthusiasm, contacts, passion, passion and more passion!

UNDECIDED
Gus Poyet - looks and talks the part!
Dennis Wise - may well come with Poyet in tow and would probably divide support

PLEASE NO!
John Gregory - erm, that’s just plain wrong!
Steve Gritt - great servant, but not now surely!

PS - Don’t forget the FA Cup 3rd round draw @ 14:15 on Sunday
PPS - Thanks to Chicago Addick for sharing this sad news regarding one of my boyhood heroes, Nicky Johns. As I've already commented, I will always remember Johns as one of my boyhood favourites and had the pleasure to briefly meet him as a kid - a true gent he was too. I know it's been said a million times but news like this really does put on the field struggles into perspective and I'm sure many will agree that our thoughts are with Nicky and his family at this difficult time!

No comments: